Monday 15 September 2008

I'm catching up on posting here. I've just had another memorable Scrapping weekend in Louth but will get to posting about that later. Look what we found two weeks ago...

Can't see it properly? Have a bit of a closer look...
The boys had a great time examining him/her (how do you tell??!!). They decided to call him Uncle Andrew - don't ask, I have no idea why although they did suggest that name for Caleb when he was born). They made a little house for him next to a puddle which he seemed quite happy in, though he did try to escape a couple of times (I'd be a bit worried with three little boys staring at me, wouldn't you??!!). He ended up disappearing into the bush at some stage when the boys weren't looking - they can actually crawl pretty fast. The boys followed his 'tracks' for a while but couldn't find him. We aren't too worried about him though as we have found a turtle on our place before and the neighbours have a ground tank that he'll probably make his way to. The boys were a bit disappointed in losing their 'pet' but I'm sure he's better off wherever he is!

1 comment:

Carolina said...

I dont know how i missed this one, how cute! Turtles would make a good pet, feed em scraps, no noise and and best of all cant squish em too tight and hurt them LOL!