Thursday 6 September 2007

Summer is definately on the way. The days in Cobar are beautifully warm and the boys are spending more and more time outside again. Their latest fad is playing with the cardboard boxes we get our groceries delivered in. I knew that the boxes could be a great source of entertainment but I underestimated how entertaining they could be! They slide in them, sit in them, push each other around, make towers, put sand in them, pretend they are boats, cars, trains etc etc. Maybe I'll chuck out all the toys and just keep up a steady supply of cardboard boxes that we can throw out once they fall apart - that would solve the storage problems!

When it came to drawing on Deda's Fathers Day Card Jacob wasn't cooperating. He didn't want to draw anything and so when kindly asked to just draw something he did - "Mummy I drew a dead flower".

Only one week to the Louth Scrapping Retreat. Paul is so looking forward to having the boys all to himself for four days!!! Hopefully I'll get HEAPS of layouts completed. Here's one I did a few weeks ago...



4 comments:

Rowena said...

Good luck with the retreat Sarah...wish I was going :(

Neek said...

gorgeous layout Sarah! Will be great to catch up at Louth. See you then.

Monique

Carolina said...

I am not teary eyed, I'M NOT!!! I wish i was going too waaaahhaaa, waaahaaaa!!! Ok, now that's over have fun without me :(

Karen L said...

Have fun on your scrapbooking retreat Sarah. Can't wait to see what you create.

Cardboard boxes - so great to see kids enjoying life with the simple things hey. Just goes to prove that you don't need to spend heaps of money on expensive toys. Nothing like your imagination.