Monday 20 August 2007

Another nice quiet weekend, with Paul's birthday on the Friday. For Jacob's birthday he had requested a bulldozer cake and Jeremy had ordered a train cake, so I asked them "What cake should we make for Daddy?". I was expecting them to answer a truck or a grader but after thinking very hard for a few moments Jacob replied "a Bible cake"!! You can't get much easier then that, so a caramel mud cake was made into a 'Bible cake' and greatly enjoyed.

We've finally had time to get back to working on the house. Paul's been getting up early and going out painting to get the north and eastern side finished before the hot weather arrives. We had the boys out helping dig holes last weekend but the rate they were going it'll take a while to get the house finished. Better get Isaac onto the job too! I'll put a house photo here when I take an updated one.




2 comments:

Carolina said...

Do we get to see photos of the cake?? I assume my piece is in the mail LOL! Happy Birthday Paul :)

Rowena said...

and my piece?? I love any cake you make! Yes - Happy Birthday Paul