Thursday 16 August 2007

Last Sunday I saw Jeremy fishing around in the bottom of the pram (which was in the back yard after coming home from church) and emerge triumphant with a tupperware container. He took it off to play with, as little boys do.

He came up to me a short time later and while offering the tupperware container asked me "Do you want to pat my baby snake?"

A bit taken back but very curious now I asked if it would bite me, to which he replied "No, it's asleep". Very cautiously I prised the lid off the tupperware (at least whatever was in there would still be fresh) and to my delight discovered a length of cord - an old drawstring from the waist of boys shorts!!

Don't you just love the imaginative play of a 3 year old! He carried around the tupperware container for quite a while, checking on his baby snake occasionally. Later that afternoon he accidently left it on the Church Bus - we better get it back before it bites someone!!

Hmm, that reminds me - I'd better check to see if I got my tupperware back?!


3 comments:

Carolina said...

What a cutie Sarah, glad you've recorded it!

Rowena said...

cute! they have such good imaginations!

Neek said...

oh dear - you are so game to have opened the container! My snake phobia would have got in the way of that...... BUT very cute and imaginative!

Glad I found your Blog Sarah - via Carol's..... Look forward to seeing your news.....

See you at Louth!