Wednesday 25 February 2009

What are little boys made of?

I'm so glad I have boys.

Thanks to my boys, I now know the life cycle of a snail.

Of course, I realise now that my life was never complete without this information. Did you know that snails are neither male nor female? Each snail possesses both male and female reproductive organs, but they still need to find another snail to mate with, to exchange bodily fluids.
Try explaining that to a 3 year old.
Jeremy:
I've decided however that collecting snails is a very worthwhile activity. Not only do my boys learn about snails, but they are happily occupied for hours on end. Pull up a patch of ground, especially in Sydney after it's been raining, hand them a bucket, and leave them to it.


Your mother-in-law may however return at regular intervals to see your oldest boy allowing the snails to crawl up his arm. Your MIL may also have to allow your oldest boy to ring up daddy to cry over the phone about his brother stepping on his snail, and to ask if the shell will grow back.

I think whoever coined the rhyme that little boys are made of slugs and snails and puppy dog tails knew what they were talking about.
Isaac

1 comment:

Carolina said...

I dont think i've ever seen a snail here in the Isa :( Cute pics of course.